PSS Associateship (APSS)
A sound knowledge of the principle of photographic technique and artistic photography must also be evident. Good pictorial arrangement, proper treatment of subject matter and good print quality are essential. Simplicity and effectiveness of subject arrangement will be of great advantage.
The set shall be first considered by a panel appointed by the Council. They will report to the Council upon scrutiny of the applications received. The Council then considers each application with the report therein, and elections are made.
No candidate is elected unless four-fifth, or a greater proportion of the panel of selectors vote in favour of his election.
- Candidates must be a valid member of PSS with no membership dues.
- Only 1 distinction level may be applied from a single application/seating.
- All members may apply for this distinction.
- A fee of S$60.00 shall be charged and entries submitted by post must be accompanied with sufficient return postage.
- Closing date shall be on 31st March and 30th September of each year. Applications may be submitted within two weeks, before the closing dates.
- Associates shall have the right to place the letters APSS after their names as long as they are members of the Society.
- Members who are elected shall receive a Certificate. Such a certificate is the sole property of the Society. Any Associate who cease to be a member of the Society shall be required to return the Certificate to the Society.
- A least four-fifth or greater proportion of votes are required to be recommended for election.
- The decision of the Council shall be final and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Images previously used for a successful LPSS assessment may not be used again to apply for the Associateship level.
- All items submitted must be collected by the applicant within 2 months after the results are announced. Uncollected items shall be DISPOSED.
- This set shall consist of 12 ALL monochrome or ALL colour prints, or digital images. This set of work must be of a good technical standard.
- All prints must be properly mounted and no smaller than 20cm x 30cm nor larger than 40cm x 50cm. Digital images should be approximately 2000 pixels x 3000 pixels.
- A layout plan that indicates the order and sequence of how you wish your images should be presented.
- A written Statement of Intent (SOI) is to be submitted along with the application for Associateship. The SOI should not be less than 50 words and must not exceed 150 words.
- Successful applicants are required to submit a set of digital images (minimum 2000 pixels x 3000 pixels) to be used by the Society’s archive, website, exhibition and publication. A photograph of the photographer must also be submitted. The Society reserves the rights to publish the pictures without the payment of any fees to the authors.