1953 Second Management Committee.

1950 Singapore Camera Club’s first Management Committee.

The Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) was established in 1950

PSS’s humble beginnings started in a dingy warehouse in Boat Quay when 5 friends gathered to discuss the establishment of a Society to cater to the needs of a growing number of photo-enthusiasts in Singapore.

PSS had always been a part of nation building in Singapore as pioneers and members documented the progress of the nation through their works. Through the years, PSS has produced many outstanding internationally renowned photographers.

PSS unceasingly focuses on fostering cultural exchange internationally through photography art and strengthening partnerships with photographic organizations around the world. PSS continuously strives to remain connected with the changing needs of the photography community, as well as the progressive changes in imaging technology.

Today, PSS is the National Body of photographic art in Singapore and the official National Federation appointed by the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP), a Consultative Member of UNESCO. PSS currently comprises of a Board and is managed by the Management Council. PSS and her members have witnessed the evolution of photography for the past 71 years.

Through the passionate contributions of her members and staff, PSS continues to be a leader in the photography community across the globe. Presently there are more than 700 paid-up members and more than 45,400 followers on our social media platform.