Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Help needed in purchasing lens.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Help needed in purchasing lens.
Help needed in purchasing lens. 3 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi, I have a Sony NEX-5 with a 16mm lens. Recently, I've been very interested in getting a zoom lens for my NEX-5.
I've been wondering whether to get the SEL18200 or Sigma 50-200mm f/4.0-5.6 DC IF SLD.
The SEL18200 F/3.5-6.3 is a 18-200mm lens with optical stabilization built in it, but it comes at a hefty price of 1.2k which I think is really unreasonable.
On the other hand, the Sigma 50-200mm f/4.0-5.6 DC IF SLD also has optical stabilization built in but needs the Sony LAEA1 Mount Adapter in oder to attach to my NEX. Also I'll have to use Manual focus, but the NEX-5 has 14x zoom to help with manual focus so I don't think that it will be a problem. The lens and the adapter together cost about 400+
Which one is more worth it?? ._.?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help needed in purchasing lens. 3 Years, 9 Months ago  
If I am not wrong Sigma OIS (optical stablization) does not work with NEX as NEX comes with in-camera stabilisation. As such, I'll probably opt for SEL18-200mm for the reach. using an 18-200, you will never really need to switch lens except for extreme low light, then your 17mm pancake lens will come in handy.

Re:Help needed in purchasing lens. 3 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi~ The NEX body is too small to have a built in stabilizer. So the Sigma stabilizer will work quite well actually.

Re:Help needed in purchasing lens. 3 Years, 9 Months ago  
ic.. well, good luck with your purchase

Go to topPage: 1
Protected by R Antispam